Hands of Hope Charity Night: Ignite My Life
What is education to you?
To many of us, education is a basic right that we often take for granted. But what we do not realize is, receiving education is not just a basic right, it is a privilege.
It is a privilege that many children around the world do not have. It is a privilege that many children dream and long to have. It is a privilege that some children would risk their life to fight for.
Throughout two years of involvement and volunteering in refugee schools and special needs school under our voluntary project - Hands of Hope, we observed a growing issue among the students. There is an increasing number of students from these schools who are dropping out before completing their primary education due to financial struggles. On top of that is a large number of children and adolescents who have never even been in a school before in Malaysia.
With the lack of access to free education, many children struggle to stay in school and are stuck in the dilemma of pursuing an education or working to feed their families.
Hands of Hope saw the struggles of these children, and we are not going to be silent about it. Every child is a child despite nationality, religion, financial capability and status - and every child deserves an education.
On 19th December 2015, Hands of Hope is having a Charity Night - Ignite My Life to raise fund for the education of the under-served children. This charity night aims to raise funds to support the education of 50 children in year 2016 so that they can receive education with lighter financial burden.
Join us now by purchasing a ticket or signing up as a donor!
- Ignite My Life Ticket: RM 50/pax
- Support a child to school in 2016: RM600 (covering school fees, uniforms, shoes, textbooks, classroom supplies and educational activities).
How can your donation contribute to the children's education in 2016?
- Hands of Hope Project- monetary contribution will be used to sponsor refugee children and special needs children who are in need of financial aid to receive education.
- My One-Day Uni-Life 2016 - funds will be used to run a special program designed for underprivileged teenagers, where they will get to experience a day in the university, exploring different courses and pathways that they can take after completing secondary education. This program aims to encourage underprivileged teenagers to study diligently and work towards a brighter future through education.
For any donation/ticket sales, please contact
Suzanne Ling (012 679 4353) or
Swee Lin (017 612 5029)
**All proceeds from donation and ticket sales will contribute to the education of children from Chin Student Organization Refugee School and Sri Eden.
8:00 PM - 10:00 PM MYT
- Le Moon's Eatery. Bakery. Zakka, Kajang, Malaysia
Ignite My Life Ticket 50.00 MYR Support a Child to School in 2016 600.00 MYR Donation 10.00 MYR
- Venue Address
- 1/1 Persiaran Jade Hills Utama Kajang, Selangor 43300 Malaysia
Hands of Hope Project10 Followers